Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Yesterday I turned 40. Today I am starting a blog. Tomorrow....who knows?!?

Turning 40 wasn't nearly as painful as I have been led to believe over the years. It may be because I've been telling myself for the past 3 years that I might as well consider myself 40. "Why?" you ask. Well, I was just hoping it would make for a softer landing when I did hit the BIG 4-0......I think it might have worked.

Although I haven't gone into melt down mode over the number it has made me realize how fast time flies by. Especially where my children are concerned! Our oldest daughter is getting closer to college , which can I just tell you I am not looking forward to - at all! My middle daughter thinks she should already be in high school, and at times I am inclined to agree with this. Then there's our youngest daughter, who is losing all of the precious baby stages that seem to linger around a little longer on the last sibling.

All of this affects me much more than the numbers in my age do. As a result, I have started this blog. I want my girls to have a resource to come back to and be able to laugh about the things that might not have been so funny when they were happening, but will cause many tears of joy when enough time has passed. I want them to know how special those" little things" that they did were to me. I want them to know how they make our lives worthwhile, even when we forget to tell them. I also want them to know what their mom was thinking, especially when they are moms themselves. And so much more.

So at 40 I am beginning a new journey. I hope you enjoy it as much as I think I'm going to.

P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great first post! Looking forward to reading many more...

    ReplyDelete