Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Grown Up Christmas Wish List

It will be here before we know it, Christmas that is. My friend Keelie is having a 12 weeks of Christmas party and I'm getting in the spirit of things. Just thinking of all that is about to take place gets my head to spinning! So here is my Grown Up Christmas Wish List.

1. That we will have the tree up and decorated before December gets into the 20's. Hey now, don't judge me...we live a crazy busy life in December!

2. That I will not be up late the night before a family Christmas party or Christmas day wrapping all the gifts or cooking. It would be nice to look decent in the pictures the next day, instead of sleep deprived.

3. That I will find the perfect gift for each and everyone on my list for the perfect price and at the first place I look for it.( Hey it's a WISH list!) And that all the shopping is finished at least 2 weeks before Christmas.

4. That my family and I will have some wonderful lazy nights at home where we decide to make Christmas cookies and drink some cider, or play a board game or two, even watch a couple of Christmas movies together. How marvelous this would be.

5. That there are no big toys to assemble on Christmas eve! Well maybe not, this just reminds me how big my children are getting, when there's no assembly required!

6. That my house is clean for all of December! It's so hard keeping it all together when it's just normal everyday things happening, it's even crazier when there's so much extra going on.

7. That my daughters' and I have a wonderful time in the kitchen together preparing our Christmas meal. With each daughter finding her own special dish she wants to add to the meal each year. Sounds a bit "Little House on the Prarie-ish" doesn't it? Well, that's exactly what I'm going for!

8. That our family can have some wonderful and precious Christmas moments together that our daughters will always remember. The kind that put a smile on your face just by thinking about them.

9. That my family and I spread the true meaning and joy of Christmas to everyone whose path we cross.


To some my list may not be fun or exciting, but for me it would be about as perfect a Christmas as there ever was.

If you would like to join in on the fun, you'll find it here:





10 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful to me too! I love that the girls each make their own contribution to the meal--so fun! And good luck on your shopping wishes--done 2 weeks in advance? yeah right. But like you said, it IS a wish list!

    Glad you are doing 12 weeks of Christmas with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #3, #4 and of course #9!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is just delightful!!!
    Thanks for coming over.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #4 and #5 made me laugh because I can SO relate!! This was lots of fun to read.

    I'm here with TWOC:

    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/making-list-checking-it-twice.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is perfect and I pray that every single thing on it comes true for your family!
    Blessings,
    Jayne at mysongwithin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my perfect Christmas list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the not having to assemble anything on your list :D

    we still take everything out of it's package and untie all the twist ties and take off all the tape etcetera and then put the gift back in the box and wrap it - nothing worse for a kid than getting the gift and not being able to play with it IMMEDIATELY LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your list. Love your list...May you have a wonderful Christmas. God's blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norma, you are an awesome and fun wife, Mom, and writer. I hope that all of your wishes come true! They are all very possible!
    You are raising such beautiful daughters. We miss you all. Glad that I can read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Glad to know someone else can relate!
    Love the idea of taking the gift out of the box and removing all the tape and twisties then wrapping it!
    Thanks Sandy for all the kind words, ditto right back to you! Hope God blesses everyone of you with your best Christmas yet!

    ReplyDelete