Monday, September 21, 2009

Keelie's Wreath Party!





It's time for Keelie's wreath party! I have already taken a sneak peak at some of the creations and they are great! So now it's time to display mine. I was so excited about getting started that I didn't think to take any pictures of the process, but I'll tell you how I did it. You won't even need the pics because it's not at all hard. I started out with a grapevine wreath. this one is oval shaped. Found some leafy garland in the colors I liked (red-how do you like that Red Writing???) and added it to my wreath.
Then I came across some glittery, sparkly thingies that I just couldn't pass up. Because if it glitters and shines I'm on it,
just like a bug on a light at night!
These were so simple to add because they're picks that I just stuck in the wreath and then twisted the wire ends around to make them hold.
Made a bow from this net looking stuff. Here's the extra that I had left over.
Think I'm going to drape it across my dining room table and put some fall goodies on top of it. I also found a cute little feather clip that I thought would add a softer texture to the wreath and attached it to the bow.
And last of all I tied the cross in the center of it all (that is after I super glued it back together), just to give it more of a focal point. What do you think?





Here's another fall idea you might like. I found it at:
let--it--shine.blogspot.com
It is located under the post "Personalized Topiaries" on Wednesday Sept. 16th. ( Apparently I have no idea how to link you directly to this page!) But nevermind that, because these are so cute, you're going to want to make the trip to her site!

Great for fall, easy, and cute any where you put them!
Thanks Keelie for all the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Norma,
    You may have fixed this now, but when I tried to come to you from Keelie's, the link was broken.
    Your wreath is amazing, of course, and the cross in the middle is wONDeRFuL!
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for joining in! I love your wreath--the oval shape is really pretty.And the cross makes it *shine*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you too Sandy. But hey it's nice attending the same party w/ you! Ya, I'm not so good with the McLinky thing, but Keelie got me fixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norma, visit my blog when you have time.
    I am so glad you are blogging. You are so creative. I love your stories and keeping up with you, Kerry and your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there,

    I love your wreath, too! That cross just makes it.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote something then for some reason my computer shut off. So.....here I go again.

    I love your wreath. The cross just makes it! That was a great idea.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Diana for stopping by...I am just so phsyched that I now have a WHOLE 6 followers! I'll be reaching double digits before I know it!
    And Sandy I will be sure to stop by your site very soon! I already know it will be terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! Love the wreath! And those topiaries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wreath! and the red door...I want a red door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous wreath!!! Love that it is oval!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty wreath. I like the netting and the feathery clip - nice touches. The personal topiary is a great idea too. If you didn't want to do your name, you could spell out "FALL". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a very unique wreath there! I love how you played around with the different textures. The bow with the feather is stunning! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have something for you at
    www.helpingstudentsdotheirbest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Norma, I just now saw that you commented on my blog, , ,that you commented before I gave you an award, but I saw your comment AFTER I already gave you the award!
    Glad you took the time to read mine and enjoyed it! Thank you so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete