Thursday, September 17, 2009

Channing's Journal

Yesterday as I was cleaning up Connor and Channing's room I came across a little notepad that Channing had turned into her journal. I think it is one of the sweetest things I have ever read! And funniest...and most precious...it's one of those priceless mommy things.

It's the journal that almost wasn't. You see while we were out shopping last weekend she had asked me for a notebook. I told her no, because we have several of those around the house that she can use. (And we do!) Well apparently God knew she needed that notebook. So much so that when we stopped off at McDonald's later and ordered a happy meal, there it was...the notepad was the toy in the happy meal! She was happy and I was happy that she was happy. Of course she couldn't wait to start writing in it and had me digging around in my purse for a pen the minute we got back in the truck. As I went around finishing my shopping list, she sat in the truck with Dad and began writing. And I am so glad she did. I decided I would have to scan the journal because I know that one day she will see my post and never believe she wrote this stuff! Hope it puts a big smile on your face, like it did on mine.


The cute little journal. Not bad for a happy meal toy.



How cute is it that she has her entries labeled "secret" and "not secret"?
Ok I know what you're thinking..."You have got to get that girl a bunny for Christmas." Well we'll just have to see about that....
And I seriously didn't know the girl had so much confidence! Thank goodness she doesn't go around telling people how pretty she is. She just saves it for her journal! I absolutely love this entry!
Another display of that confidence that she has somehow kept to herself!
What mommy's heart wouldn't melt to see the bottom entry in their child's journal? I'm sure I'll be whipping this thing out during her teenage years to remind her just how precious we are to her!
Now she's boosting my confidence! Love it!
"Double Secret"...it's getting pretty serious!
Now this is the one this has me shaking in my boots! I think I better gear myself up for the teenage years!
Well that's all the secret, double secret and not secret entries that her journal holds for now....but don't worry because now I'm off to sneak this back into her room so she can put some more intimate details of her life in here for me to share with the world!

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love it. Little girls are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comments! This is such a treasure to me and I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete