Thursday, September 10, 2009

Read Any Good Books Lately?

I just LOVE to read, I mean really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read! I think I got this from my mom. I remember her reading a lot, especially when we were little. She even had a special book that she would read to us, each and every time we asked....over and over again. It was a big book of Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes. It was probably the only one we had, but we didn't notice, because we thought it was the greatest book ever!

Well my tastes have definitely changed, although I do still enjoy the occasional Mother Goose Rhyme with my kids. I thought I would share some of my all time favorites.


Shopaholic Books...these are sooo funny, more so if you're a shopper. But don't worry, even if you're not, you'll still get a kick out of these.




Twilight Books....I thoroughly enjoy a GREAT love story. Like so many others, I devoured these books the second I got my hands on them!




Hunger Games and it's sequel Catching Fire....I just finished the sequel and had been waiting a year for it to come out. I put these books right up there with the Twilight series. They are absolutely WONDERFUL! Once again I find myself waiting for the next and final one in this trilogy. I am hoping that they will make them all into movies.





Last and probably my all time favorite is

Pride and Prejudice....My mom actually turned me on to this one. It's my favorite of all the Jane Austen books. I have read it many times and I still can't get enough of it. If you haven't tried this classic, it's a must read.



If you have some favorite books I would LOVE to hear about them.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Same Kind of Different as Me. Recently been reading Mere Christianity and it is SO good but I have to have complete silence and read each page about 3 times. I will blog about it soon.

    Confessions--saw the movie but it wasn't as good as the book. I think you shared it with me on a Mission Trip one year..

    ReplyDelete